|Founded||20 August 1987|
|Defunct||5 November 2007|
Macquarie Media Group
|Tony Bell, Managing Director|
John Dahlsen, Chairman
- 30 May 2007 - Southern Cross Broadcasting announced its sale of NWS-9 (its Adelaide 9-affiliated TV station) to the WIN Corporation for A$105 million.
- 3 July 2007 - Southern Cross Broadcasting recommended Macquarie Media Group's offer of A$1.35 billion, for a takeover of the corporation. The proposed Scheme is subject to approval by SCB shareholders at a Scheme Meeting expected to be held in October 2007.
- 3 July 2007 - If the sale to Macquarie Media Group is successful, MMG have a separate arrangement directly with Fairfax Media to on-sell to them Southern Cross Broadcasting's radio assets, as well as the Southern Star Group, Satellite Music Australia and their digital media businesses. Only Southern Cross's television stations would remain with Macquarie Media Group. Conversely, Fairfax's radio assets would become part of Maquarie.
- 5 November 2007 - The company's assets were officially acquired by the Macquarie Media Group.
- Southern Cross Ten
- CTC - Australian Capital Territory/Southern NSW (Canberra)
- GLV/BCV - Victoria (Bendigo, Ballarat, Gippsland, Albury-Wodonga)
- NRN - Northern NSW/Gold Coast QLD (Newcastle, Central Coast, North Coast, Northern Rivers, Gold Coast)
- TNQ - Queensland (Toowoomba, Mackay, Rockhampton, Townsville, Cairns)
- SGS/SCN - South Australia (Spencer Gulf region of South Australia and Broken Hill, New South Wales)
- Southern Cross Television
- Tasmanian Digital Television (50% share with WIN Corporation)
- Channel Nine Adelaide (NWS) (Channel Nine station located in Adelaide) (Brought over by WIN Corporation on 30 May 2007)
- Southern Star Group
- Southern Cross Telecommunications
- Southern Cross Sales
- Southern Cross View
- Southern Cross Syndication
- Southern Cross SMA
- "WIN buys Channel 9 Adelaide". The Age. Australian Associated Press. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 30 May 2007.
- "Southern Cross Broadcasting sold for $1.35b". abc.net.au. 3 June 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2007.
- "Letter to shareholders regarding Macquarie Media Group proposed acquisition" (PDF). Southern Cross Broadcasting. 19 June 2007. Retrieved 19 June 2007.
- "Southern Cross falls to Mac and Fairfax". The Australian. 3 June 2007. Archived from the original on 9 November 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2007.