|• Mayor||Valérie Maes|
|• Governing party/ies||PS|
|• Total||6.84 km2 (2.64 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,200/sq mi)|
Saint-Nicolas (French pronunciation: [sɛ̃ nikɔla]; Walloon: Sint-Nicolêye) is a municipality of Belgium. It lies in the country's Walloon Region and Liège Province. It is effectively a part of the greater Liège conurbation stretching west from Liège city centre towards Liège Airport. As of January 1, 2006 Saint-Nicolas had a total population of 22,666. The total area is 6.84 km2 which gives a population density of 3,313 inhabitants per km2. It has the highest population density of any Belgian municipality outside the Brussels-Capital Region.
Since 1977 the municipality comprises the old municipalities of Montegnée, Saint-Nicolas, and Tilleur.
Well known natives include
- Sandra Kim, singer who won the Eurovision Song Contest 1986 held in Bergen, Norway, 1986
- Mario Barravecchia, singer
- Roberto Bisconti, football player
- Georges Theunis, Prime Minister of Belgium, 1921–25, 1934–35.
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Saint-Nicolas, Liège at Wikimedia Commons