Mettet town hall
|• Mayor||Michel Remy (ICAP)|
|• Governing party/ies||ICAP, RC-MR|
|• Total||116.78 km2 (45.09 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
5640, 5641, 5644, 5646
Mettet (French pronunciation: [mɛ.tɛ]) is a Walloon municipality in Namur Province, Belgium. On 1 January 2006 Mettet had 11,977 inhabitants. The total area is 116.78 km², giving a population density of 103 inhabitants per km².
The area of the original municipality was closely based around the town of Mettet, until it was expanded during the post-1974 fusion of the Belgian municipalities, adding the ancienne communes (now villages) of Biesme, Biesmerée, Ermeton-sur-Biert, Furnaux, Graux, Oret, Saint-Gérard, and Stave.
Circuit Jules Tacheny
In Mettet there is a race track, Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet, for motorbikes and cars.
- Alain Crépin (1954–), conductor and musician
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Mettet at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in French)
- Official website of race track "Jules Tacheny" (in French and Dutch)
- Motorbike Race Circuit "Jules Tacheny" (in French)
- Mettet d'autrefois, Site of old postcards and old photographs of Mettet. Collection of PIERRE HUBOT