|No. 24 – Baylor Bears|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||Big 12 Conference|
|Born||September 23, 1999|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Mayer attended Westlake High School in Austin, Texas, where he played alongside future NCAA Division I players Brock Cunningham and Keonte Kennedy. He committed to playing college basketball for Baylor over offers from Texas and Texas A&M, among others. Mayer was a consensus four-star recruit, according to major recruiting services.
Mayer had a limited role during his first two years at Baylor. In his junior season, he improved his efficiency and became a key contributor off the bench for one of the top teams in the nation. Mayer grew a mullet upon the advice of his teammate Jackson Moffatt, who had the same hairstyle.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Cook, Lyndon (October 5, 2016). "Matthew Mayer, 2018's top player talks recruitment after Fall Classic". Rivals. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- Jones, Thomas (June 14, 2017). "Westlake basketball player Matthew Mayer commits to Baylor". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- Goodman, Jeff (February 23, 2021). "Matthew Mayer's Path to Waco / How Baylor Was Built". Stadium. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- Chamblee, Will (February 24, 2021). "Is it Matthew Mayer time yet? Growth, maturity propel the junior during Baylor's stellar season". The Baylor Lariat. Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- Recek, Travis (April 2, 2021). "Matthew Mayer Makes His Mark at Baylor, Final Four". Spectrum News Austin. Retrieved April 4, 2021.