Towns and cities in England can be defined either by their local government administrative boundaries or by the physical extent of their built-up areas.
- List of cities in the United Kingdom, the 69 cities of the UK
- List of towns and cities in England by historical population
- List of English districts by population sets out the population of each non-metropolitan district, London borough, metropolitan borough, and unitary authority in England.
- List of English counties by population of major settlements sets out the population of each city, town and village with 5,000 or more residents per county.
- List of urban areas in the United Kingdom sets out the population of each urban area in England, as well as urban areas in other parts of the United Kingdom, as defined by the Office for National Statistics.
- ESPON metropolitan areas in the United Kingdom A list of the larger settlements that encompass one or more urban areas, as defined for a pan-European-consistent methodology and based on the 2001 Census. Historical interest only.