Hawke's Bay is a region in the North Island of New Zealand. It contains numerous small rural primary schools, some small town primary and secondary schools, and city schools in the Napier-Hastings area.
In New Zealand schools, students begin formal education in Year 1 at the age of five. Year 13 is the final year of secondary education. Years 14 and 15 refer to adult education facilities. State schools are those fully funded by the government and at which no fees for tuition of domestic students (i.e. New Zealand citizens and permanent residents, and Australian citizens) can be charged, although a donation is commonly requested. A state integrated school is a former private school with a special character based on a religious or philosophical belief that has been integrated into the state system. State integrated schools charge "attendance dues" to cover the building and maintenance of school buildings, which are not owned by the government, but otherwise they like state schools cannot charge fees for tuition of domestic students but may request a donation. Private schools charge fees to its students for tuition, as do state and state integrated schools for tuition of international students.
The roll of each school changes frequently as students start school for the first time, move between schools, and graduate. The rolls given here are those provided by the Ministry of Education are based on figures from November 2012. The Ministry of Education institution number links to the Education Counts page for each school.
|St Joseph's School||1–8||Coed||Wairoa||State integrated||80||-||2679||2679|
|Te Kura o Waikaremoana||1–8||Coed||Tuai||State||25||-||1678||1678|
|Te Mahia School||1–8||Coed||Māhia||State||72||-||1676||1676|
|Tiaho Primary School||1–6||Coed||Wairoa||State||139||-||1669||1669|
|TKKM o Ngati Kahungunu o Te Wairoa||1–8||Coed||Wairoa||State||134||-||1616||1616|
|Wairoa Primary School||1–6||Coed||Wairoa||State||202||-||1668||1668|
Central Hawke's Bay District
- "Find a School". Education Counts. Ministry of Education.
- "Early childhood and school reports". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.
- "About School: School basics". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Archived from the original on 26 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "School Donations & Fees". New Zealand Ministry of Education. 23 June 1998. Archived from the original on 14 July 2006. Retrieved 23 June 2006.
- "about NZ education". EduSearch. Archived from the original on 6 December 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2008.
- "New Zealand Schools - Education Counts". Ministry of Education (New Zealand). Retrieved 12 January 2013.