This is a list of notable fish and chip restaurants which are renowned for, or whose main dish is, fish and chips. Fish and chips is a hot dish of English origin, consisting of battered fish, commonly Atlantic cod or haddock and deep-fried chips. It is a common take-away food. A common side dish is mushy peas.
A fish and chip shop, colloquially known as a 'chippy' in the UK and 'chipper' in Ireland, is an outlet that predominantly sells the English dish of fish and chips. It is usually a takeaway operation, although some have limited seating facilities.
Fish and chip restaurants
- Leo Burdock - Originally located in Christchurch only, now a Dublin chain of 'Chippers'.
- Anstruther Fish Bar – located in Anstruther, a fishing village in the East Neuk of Fife, Scotland
- The Ashvale – a chain of fish and chip restaurants and takeaways in the north-east of Scotland
- The Fryer's Delight – a traditional cabbie's favourite in Theobald's Road, London
- Harry Ramsden's – a chain based in the United Kingdom which offers fish and chips and assorted themed dishes
- Kerbisher & Malt – a new chain in London
- Seashell of Lisson Grove – a standalone fish and chip restaurant located in Marylebone, London.
- Magpie Café – located in Whitby, North Yorkshire, England, and established in 1937, but its building dated back to the 18th century, when it was a merchant's house
- Papa's – Won a BBC contest, The Best of British Takeaways, in 2017. Papa's Fish and Chips in Cleethorpes is the world's largest fish and chip shop with over 500 seats.
- Arthur Treacher's – a fast food seafood restaurant chain in the United States
- Captain D's – a chain of fast-casual restaurants in the United States specializing in fish and chips and other seafood
- H. Salt Esquire – a California fast food chain that specializes in fish and chips
- Ivar's - a chain based in Seattle; some are full-service restaurants, some are stand-up bars, some are in malls, and some are fast-food restaurants
- Long John Silver's – a fast food chain based in the United States.
- Skippers Seafood & Chowder House - a fast food chain based in the U.S. state of Washington