This is a list of deities exclusively for fictional works, organized primarily by media type then by title of the fiction work, series, franchise or author. This list does not include deities worshipped by humans in real life that appear in fictional works.
- The Emperor-Over-the-Sea: Aslan's father, who rules over all worlds.
- Aslan: the son of the Emperor, and the creator of Narnia, who was executed by Jadis.
- Tash: a demon god of Calormen.
- Tashlan: a fake god created by Shift (Antichrist), said to mean that Tash and Aslan are one, represented by Puzzle the donkey.
H. P. Lovecraft works
- Azathoth The Blind Idiot God.
- Cthulhu The Great, Dread or Priest.
- Nyarlathotep The Servitor of the Outer Gods.
- Shub-Niggurath The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young.
- Yog-Sothoth The Gate and the Key.
- Eru Ilúvatar (supreme deity)
- Melkor also known as Morgoth Bauglir – an evil fallen deity
Stephen King works
The DC Universe simultaneously adapts every aspect of theology into its mythos, from Greek to Norse to even atheism and various fictional religions. Examples of gods featured in its narrative include:
- Ares - The Greek God of War.
- Darkseid - Apokoliptian God of Evil.
- Hercules - Demigod son of Zeus.
- Imperiex - the embodiment of Entropy.
- Ion - physical embodiment of "willpower" of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum.
- Lords of Chaos and Order, opposed groups of god-like energy beings locked in eternal struggle.
- Nekron - a personification of death and "Lord of the Unliving".
- Onimar Synn, a god-like entity worshiped by a militaristic death cult on Thanagar.
- Parallax - physical embodiment of "fear" of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum.
- The Presence - Supreme being of the DCU.
- Rao - The personification of the red sun of Krypton.
- The Source - Semi-deistic, "absolute infinite" referenced by the New Gods.
- Vext - "Patron deity of mishap and misfortune."
- Abraxas - the embodiment of destruction.
- The Cosmic Compass - Eternity, Infinity, Death and Oblivion.
- Galactus - Devourer of Worlds.
- In-Betweener - an incarnation of balance.
- The Living Tribunal - serves directly under the supreme being.
- The Magus - former ruler of the Universal Church of Truth.
- Master Order and Lord Chaos.
- Mistress Love and Sire Hate.
- One-Above-All - The supreme being of the Marvel Universe.
- The Stranger
- Thanos - the most powerful of the Titanian Eternals.
- Barbas - The Demon Of Fear
- Cole Turner - Once a high level half-demon, he became The Source of All Evil, then turned indestructible with a multitude of powers and then an Avatar with infinite powers. After he was finally vanquished, he was sent to "the Void between life and death" as punishment for all his past evil deeds.
- Aphrodite - Goddess of Love
- Ares - God of War
- Callisto - a vengeful warrior who became an immortal, a goddess, a demon, and an angel
- Dahak - an evil and demonic god
- Hope - daughter of Dahak and Gabrielle
- other Gods and Goddesses
- Dark Spector: The Grand Monarch of Evil, and the ruler over those of the United Alliance of Evil.
- Mythical Qi Beasts (Kidenjū): Ancient god-like animals from Gosei Sentai Dairanger, controlled by the Dai tribe.
- Absolute God N Ma (Zettai Shin N Ma): Main villain of Mahou Sentai Magiranger.
- The Infershia Pantheon (Meifu Jusshin): Various villains in Mahou Sentai Magiranger who serve N Ma.
Many deities have appeared in Supernatural, and some other characters have been deified, such as Lucifer. The angel Castiel also briefly became a deity when absorbing the souls of monsters from Purgatory. The gods in the show include:
- Baron Samedi
- Castiel, an ex-angel who ate a million souls and temporarily became god.
- Death, an entity of equal rank to God.
- Eve, a being who spawned every monster in existence, making her "the Mother of All (Monsters)".
- God, the main deity, the controller of the show's events.
- The Darkness, a powerful primordial entity who existed long before creation, along with her twin brother God.
Dungeons & Dragons series
Kid Icarus series
- Lady Palutena, the goddess of light and the rightful ruler of Skyworld.
- Viridi, the child-like goddess of nature.
Legacy of Kain series
- Kain - as the Scion of Balance Kain is the only being capable of harming the Elder God. After having gained and evolved numerous powers and abilities over the centuries, as well as adding that with his role as Balance guardian, which provides all the magic that the position grants; Kain is one of the most powerful beings in Nosgoth; having far surpassed the power of any ordinary Vampire.
The Legend of Zelda series
- Princess Zelda, who in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia
- The three Golden Goddesses who created Hyrule and the Triforce. Din the goddess of power, Nayaru the goddess of wisdom and Farore the goddess of courage.
- The four guardian gods of Termina. Giants who live in each of the four compass directions.
Mortal Kombat series
- Amaterasu, the main playable character, a goddess who takes the form of a wolf. She is based on the mythological Amaterasu, Goddess of the Sun.
The world of RuneQuest, created by Greg Stafford, was one of the first to bring myths, cults and religions to become major plot themes, rather than plot devices, in a fantasy setting. It is also very diverse in that it features 13 main pantheons and "arrays" of deities, and numbers some 250 single or small groups of divine aspects.
Sonic the Hedgehog series
- Chaos, from Sonic Adventure, referred to as the God of Destruction and the Chao. He is named after the first Greek deity of the same name.
- Illumina, from Sonic Shuffle, the Goddess of Dreams and the Angel of Maginaryworld.
- Lumina Flowlight, Illumina's positive half.
- Void, Illumina's negative half.
- Solaris, from Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), referred to as the Sun God of Soleanna and the God of Time. His name is a Latin word meaning "pertaining to the sun".
- Dark Gaia, from Sonic Unleashed, referred to as the God of Darkness. Its name is derived from the Greek goddess of the same name.
- Light Gaia, also known as "Chip", Dark Gaia's counterpart who befriends Sonic.
- The Moon Juju, referred to as the Moon Goddess and the protector of the Pupanunu tribe.
- The Ork Gods
- The Chaos Gods
- C'tan (The Star Gods)
- The Eldar Gods
- Deities of the Imperium of Man
Multiple media franchises
- Arceus: The creator of the universe; created Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, as well as Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie, and supposedly, the entire Pokémon world.
- Giratina: The Pokémon which created an alternate dimension to balance the world of which Dialga and Palkia have shaped. It possesses the ability to warp physical reality, gravity, and supposedly antimatter. It has two forms; Altered Form (introduced in Diamond and Pearl), and Origin Form (introduced in Platinum). The creators of the Pokémon franchise have described Giratina and its home world as being personifications of antimatter.
- Unicron - Known as the Cybertronian God of Darkness and Chaos, Chaos-Bringer, and Universal Dominator, Unicron is the evil sibling of Primus.