- Balkan mixed forests (Bulgaria, Greece, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Turkey)
- Caucasus mixed forests (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia, Turkey)
- Central Anatolian deciduous forests (Turkey)
- Eastern Anatolian deciduous forests (Turkey)
- Euxine-Colchic deciduous forests (Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria)
- Zagros Mountains forest steppe (Iran, Iraq, Turkey)
- Aegean and Western Turkey sclerophyllous and mixed forests (Greece, North Macedonia, Turkey)
- Anatolian conifer and deciduous mixed forests (Turkey)
- Eastern Mediterranean conifer-sclerophyllous-broadleaf forests (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Turkey)
- Southern Anatolian montane conifer and deciduous forests (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey)
- Central Anatolia
- Kura-South Caspian drainages
- Lake Van
- Northern Anatolia
- Southern Anatolia
- Thrace (freshwater)
- Upper Tigris and Euphrates
- Western Anatolia
- Western Transcaucasia
- Olson, D., Dinerstein, E., Canevari, P., Davidson, I., Castro, G., Morisset, V., Abell, R., and Toledo, E.; eds. (1998). Freshwater Biodiversity of Latin America and the Caribbean: A Conservation Assessment. Biodiversity Support Program, Washington DC.
- Ricketts, Taylor H., Eric Dinerstein, David M. Olson, Colby J. Loucks, et al. (1999). Terrestrial Ecoregions of North America: a Conservation Assessment. Island Press, Washington DC.
- Spalding, Mark D., Helen E. Fox, Gerald R. Allen, Nick Davidson et al. "Marine Ecoregions of the World: A Bioregionalization of Coastal and Shelf Areas". Bioscience Vol. 57 No. 7, July/August 2007, pp. 573–583.
- Thieme, Michelle L. (2005). Freshwater Ecoregions of Africa and Madagascar: A Conservation Assessment. Island Press, Washington DC.