Dragons in video games
Guide to Roles
- Player Character – The dragon is the main character controlled by the player through all or most of the game.
- Playable Character – The dragon is a character that if selected can be controlled.
- Companion - The dragon is a character that usually follows the player and can often be controlled as a riding mount.
- Boss – The dragon is a boss to be defeated by the player.
- Final Boss – The dragon is the final boss in the game.
- Optional Boss – The dragon is an optional boss.
- Playable Character Transformation – The dragon is an alternate form the player's character can take.
- Enemy – The dragon is a general enemy in the game.
- Trainable Monster – The dragon is a monster used in a battle in an arena against another monster.
- Supporting Character – The dragon helps the player at points throughout the game.
- Unit – The dragon is a controllable battle unit in the game.
- Collectible Card – The dragon is a digital card in the digital collectible card game which can be obtained to customize and improve player's decks.
- Various – Dragons play multiple roles in the game.
Dragons in role-playing video games
Dragons appear in numerous role-playing games with fictional setting as bosses, final bosses, and enemies, as well as player characters, companions, and supporting characters.
|Video game||Name of Dragon||Type||Transforms, if so from what?||Voice Actor||Role||Notes|
|Darksiders||Abaddon||European||Angel||Troy Baker||Final Boss|
|Adventures of Mana||Unnamed||European||No||Boss|
|Xenoblade Chronicles||Alcar, Dragonia, Abaasy||European||No||Boss||Dragon King Alcar, Demon King Dragonia, Avalanche Abaasy|
|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim||Alduin, Paarthurnax, Odahviing||Wyvern||No||Daniel Riordan / Charles Martinet / Charles Dennis||Various||Many other named dragons appear|
|Dragon's Crown||Ancient, Red Dragons||European||No||Bosses|
|Borderlands 2||Ancient Dragons of Destruction||European||No||Bosses|
|Drakengard series||Angelus, Legna||Wyvern||No||Mona Marshall / Yoshio Harada||Companion|
|I of the Dragon||Annoth, Barroth, Morrogh||European||No||Player Character||3 dragons to play as|
|Emerald Dragon||Atrushan||European||Human||Player Character||A young blue dragon that transforms freely between his true form and an acquired human form to rescue a childhood human friend and sibling named Tamryn|
|Dragon Valor||Azi Dahaka||Various||No||Bosses||Other dragons appear|
|Final Fantasy series||Bahamut||European||No||Various||Most recurrent of many dragons in series|
|Valkyrie Profile 2||Bahamut||European||No||Boss|
|Zelda II: The Adventure of Link||Barba||Serpentine||No||Boss|
|Shining Force||Bleu||European||No||Playable Character||Other dragons appear|
|Blue Dragon||Blue Dragon||Other||No||Companion|
|Super Paper Mario||Bonechill, Fracktail, Wracktail||European||No||Bosses||Fracktail and Bonechill are required bosses while Wracktail is an optional boss.|
|Kingdom of Loathing||Bonerdagon||Wyvern||No||Boss|
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door||Bonetail, Gloomtail, Hooktail||European||No||Bosses||Hooktail and Gloomtail are required bosses while Bonetail is an optional boss.|
|Two Worlds II||Cassara||European||Human||Sandra Pascuzzi||Final Boss|
|Star Ocean: Till the End of Time||Crosell||European||No||Ryûzaburô Ôtomo||Boss|
|Super Mario RPG||Czar Dragon, Zombone, Bahamutt||European||No||Bosses|
|Divinity: Original Sin||Various||European||No||Various|
|Divinity II||The Dragon Knight||Wyvern||Human||Playable Character Transformation||Other dragons appear.|
|Dawn of the Dragons||Various||European||No||Various|
|The World Ends with You||Draco Cantus||Asian||Human||Shane Johnson||Final Boss|
|Chrono Cross||Dragon Gods||Various||No||Bosses||Six of them|
|Titan Quest||Dragon Liche||European||No||Optional Boss|
|Dragon Quest||Dragonlord||European||Human||Final Boss|
|White Knight Chronicles||Dragon Matriarch||European||Human||Boss|
|Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup||Various||European||No||Enemies|
|Faria: A World of Mystery and Danger!||Unnamed||European||Human||Final Boss|
|Marvel: Ultimate Alliance||Fin Fang Foom||Asian||No||Boss|
|The Battle for Wesnoth||Fire Dragon||European||No||Units|
|Secret of Mana, Dawn of Mana||Flammie||European||No||Companion||A white four-winged fluffy dragon which the characters ride, Some eventually turn into the Mana Beast|
|Golden Sun||Fusion Dragon||European (2H)[a]||Human||Final Boss|
|Enclave||Fyrlakith||European||No||Boss||Level "The Guardian"|
|Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny||Gray||Asian||Human||Kenta Miyake||Playable Character||Turned into a dragonman by the Dragon King Ardgevald|
|Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete||Green Dragon||Serpentine||No||Boss|
|Dragon's Dogma||Grigori||European||No||David Lodge||Final Boss||Devour the Hero's heart and made himself an arisen|
|King's Field||Guyra, Seath||European||No||Bosses|
|Riviera: The Promised Land||Hades||European||No||Optional boss|
|Odin Sphere||Hindel, Belial, Wagner, Leventhan||Wyvern||No||Bosses|
|Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter||Icasaracht||European||No||Final Boss|
|Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom||Incineraptor||European||No||Boss|
|Fable: The Lost Chapters||Jack of Blades||European||Demon||Keith Wickham||Final Boss||Initially a masked hooded figure, Jack is reincarnated in the Lost Chapters as a dragon.|
|Legacy of the Wizard||Keela||European||No||Final Boss|
|King's Bounty: The Legend||Various||European||No||Units|
|Megami Tensei||Kuzuryu, Seiryu, Samael||Various||No||Bosses|
|The Last Remnant||Various||European||No||Bosses|
|The Legend of Dragoon||Various||Other||No||Bosses|
|Dragon Quest VIII||Lord of the Dragovians||European||Human||Boss||Dragon form changes color|
|Might and Magic||Various||European||No||Various|
|Monster Rancher||Unnamed||European||No||Trained Monster|
|Pokémon series||Various||Various||Various||Trainable Monsters||Some Pokémon who aren't dragons in their base forms can transform into one in various ways while others are not dragons originally but can evolve into a Dragon type Pokémon|
|Lunar series||Quark||European||No||Hal Delahousse||Supporting Character|
|Tower of Druaga||Quox||European||No||Boss|
|I Am Setsuna||The Reaper||European||Human||Final Boss|
|Legend of the Red Dragon||Red Dragon||European||No||Final Boss|
|Breath of Fire||Ryu||European||Human||Player Character|
|The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings||Saesenthessis||Various||Human||Eiry Hughes||Various|
|Grandia 3||Shiba||Wyvern||No||Supporting Character||Owned by Ulf|
|Shin Megami Tensei||Various||Various||No||Bosses||A race of demons|
|Suikoden||Various||Various||No||Bosses||Controlled by Dragon Knights|
|Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara||Synn||European||Human||Final Boss||Female red dragon|
|Tears to Tiara||Various||European||No||Bosses|
|Diablo series||Tathamet, Trag'Oul||European|
|Tales of Zestiria||Tiamat||European||No||Boss|
|Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins||Tirion||European||No||Neil Ross||Companion|
|The Lord of the Rings: War in the North||Urgost||European||No||Keith Szarabajka||Optional Boss|
|Paper Mario: The Origami King||Water Vellumental||European||No||Boss||A blue, origami dragon. It is the second Vellumental fought. Olivia gains its powers when Mario defeats it.|
|The Witcher III: Wild Hunt||Various||Various||No||Beasts|
|Wild Arms series||Zephyr||European||No||Boss||Other dragons appear|
|Golden Treasure: The Great Green||Unnamed||Wyvern||No||Player Character/Various||Follows the life experiences of one of the so-named "Draak-Kin", an intelligent species of wyverns existing during humanity's prehistoric times.|
Dragons in multiplayer online games
|Video game||Name of Dragon||Type||Transforms, if so from what?||Voice Actor||Role||Genre||Notes|
|World of Warcraft||Alexstrasza, Deathwing (formerly known as Neltharion), Kalecgos, Korialstrasz, Malygos, Nozdormu, Onyxia, Sapphiron, Soridormi, Sindragosa, Sintharia, Tyranastrasz, Ysera||European||Human||Leader of flights / Bosses||MMORPG|||
|Heroes of the Storm||Alexstrasza, Chromie (Chronormu), Deathwing, Dragon Knight||European||Human / Gnome / No / Hero||Wendee Lee / Karen Strassman||Player Characters||MOBA||Dragon Knight is a Playable Character Transformation on the Dragon Shire battleground. Heroes can liberate the Dragon Knight by activating the shrines and interacting with the Knight's statue in the middle lane of the battleground, taking control of him temporarily.|
|Phantasy Star||Alterazgohg, Sil Dragon||Various||No||Bosses||MMORPG|
|Counter-Strike Online||Angra||European||Dione||Boss /
|First-person shooter||Boss, in Zombie Scenario Season 2;
Playable class, in Zombie Giant
|Dota 2||Auroth (the Winter Wyvern), Davion (the Dragon Knight), Jakiro (the Twin Head Dragon), Puck (the Faerie Dragon), Viper (the Netherdrake)||Wyvern / European / European (2H)[a] / Fae / Amphithere||No / Human / No / No / No||Merle Dandridge / Tony Todd / Dave Fennoy / Jen Taylor / Tony Todd||Player characters||MOBA||Davion, the Dragon Knight, gained the ability to transform into a Dragon after slaying the Dragon Slyrak.
Jakiro, the Twin Head Dragon, has two heads. One breathing fire, the other one breathing ice.
|Final Fantasy XIV||Bahamut, Midgardsormr, Nidhogg, Hraesvelgr, Tiamat, Twintania, Shinryu||European||No||Bosses||MMORPG||Includes dragons in the Heavensward expansion pack|
|Dungeon Fighter Online||Bakal||European||No||Boss||MMORPG|
|Vindictus||Elchulus, Siglint, Beokros||European||No||Greg Chun / Edward Bosco||Bosses||MMORPG|
|RuneScape||Various||European||No||Boss / Enemies / Companion||MMORPG||Wyverns are also present, but are a separate race to dragons|
|Free Realms||Various||Wyvern||No||Player Companion||MMORPG|
|Hearthstone||Various||Various||Various||Collectible Cards||Digital collectible card game|
|Maplestory||Horntail||European (3H)[b]||No||Boss||MMORPG||And many others|
|EverQuest||Lord Nagafen, Trakanon, Lady Vox||European||No||Boss||MMORPG|
|Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted||Named by player||European||No||Player Character / Bosses||MMORPG||Can be created and customized by paid membership players and they grow up from hatchling to adult to ancient dragons.|
|Guild Wars 2||Primordus, Jormag, Zhaitan, Mordemoth, Kralkatorrik, Deep Sea Dragon||Various||No||Bosses||MMORPG||Elder Dragons sleeping for centuries and have now awoken to unleash a cycle of destruction upon Tyria, the world in which the game is set. They each have control over an element.|
|League of Legends||Shyvana||European||Humanoid||Player Character||MOBA||A playable champion whose ultimate lets her transform into a dragon temporarily|
|Aion: Upheaval||Tiamat, Stormwing, Beritra, Ereshkigal||European||Human||Final Boss||MMORPG|
|Lineage 2||Valakas, Antharas, Lindvior||European||No||Bosses||MMORPG||Antharas is the Earth Dragon, Valakas is red, Lindvior is a wind dragon|
|Realm of the Mad God||Pyyr, Nikao, Limoz, Feargus, Ivory Wyvern||Various||No||Bosses||MMORPG|
Dragons in other video game genres
|Video game||Name of Dragon||Type||Transforms, if so from what?||Voice Actor||Role||Notes|
|The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess||Argorok||Wyvern||No||Boss||Twilit Dragon|
|Dragon Spirit||Amul||Wyvern||Human||Player Character|
|Drakan||Arokh||European||No||Jeff McNeal, David Scully||Companion||Many other dragons appear|
|Kameo: Elements of Power||Ash||European||Fairy||Playable Character Transformation||Ash is an element of fire|
|The Simpsons: Bart vs. the World||Unnamed||Asian||No||Enemies|
|Battle Chess II: Chinese Chess||Unnamed||Asian||Horse||Player units|
|The Incredible Toon Machine||Bik||European||No||Non-playable|
|Super Princess Peach||Blizzaurus||European||No||Boss|
|Bomberman Wars||Bomber Dragon||European||No||Unit|
|Yoshi's Story||Bone Dragon||European (3H)[b]||No||Boss||Undead, skeletal dragon|
|Bubble Bobble Series||Various||European||No||Main Character|
|The Sims||Burnie, Pyritie, Torch||European||No||Player Companion|
|Dragon Rage||Cael Cyndar||European||No||Player Character|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops III||Unnamed||Wyvern||No||Various|
|Banjo-Tooie||Chili Billi, Chilly Willy||European||No||Bosses||Twin brothers, one breathes fire, the other breathes ice|
|The Cave (video game)||Unnamed||European||No||Boss|
|Dragon City||Various||European||No||Playable Character/companion||The paler rides dragons throughout the game.|
|Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex||Various||European||No||Boss / Enemy|
|Disciples II: Dark Prophecy||Various||European||No||Various|
|Donkey Kong 64||Dogadon||Hybrid||No||Boss||Dragonfly-Dragon hybrid|
|Master of Magic||Draconians||European||No||Playable Character|
|Castlevania: Lords of Shadow||Dracula||European||Vampire||Robert Carlyle||Player Character||A powerful attack|
|DuckTales: Remastered||Dracula Duck||Serpentine||Duck||Frank Welker||Boss|
|Viva Pinata||Dragonache||Other||No||Breedable animal||Color depends on the main landscape of the garden|
|Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber||Dragon Kremling||Asian||No||Boss|
|Altered Beast||Dragon Man||European||Human||Playable Character Transformation|
|Battle Realms||Dragon Spirit||Asian||No||Unit||Called down by Dragon Clan|
|The Longest Journey, Dreamfall||Draic Kin||European||No||Supporting Characters||Extraterrestrial sentient beings|
|Star Fox Adventures||Drakor||European||No||Boss||Fourth boss|
|The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II||Drogoth||European||No||Unit|
|Forgotten Worlds||Dust Dragon||European||No||Boss|
|Earth Defense Force 2025||Unnamed||European||No||Enemies|
|Minecraft||Ender Dragon||European||No||Final Boss||Purple-eyed black scaled dragon living in The End|
|Kirby's Epic Yarn||Fangora||European||No||Boss|
|Ghostbusters Genesis||Fire Dragon||Serpentine||No||Boss|
|The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie||Dragon Pete||European||Cat||Final Boss||After being defeated in the first form as wizard, Pete transforms into a red dragon|
|The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild||Dinraal, Farosh, Naydra||Asian||No||Bosses|
|Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom||Flamewing||European||No||Superboss|
|Blazing Dragons||Flicker||European||No||Player character|
|The King of Dragons||Gildiss||European||No||Final Boss|
|The Legend of Zelda||Aquamentus, Gleeok||European / (2H)[a]||No||Boss|
|Super Mario Galaxy 2||Gobblegut||Serpentine||No||Boss||Also fought in a harder fire form|
|Zork: Grand Inquisitor||Griff||European||No||Marty Ingels||Supporting Character|
|Golden Axe: Beast Rider||Great Dragon||European||No||Boss|
|Atari Adventure||Grundle, Rhindle and Yorgle||Asian||No||Bosses|
|Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time||Unnamed||Asian||No||Supporting Character|
|Kid Icarus: Uprising||Hewdraw||Serpentine (3H)[b]||No||Danny Mann||Boss|
|Heroes of Might and Magic series||Various||Various||No||Units||Green dragon (Gold dragon, Emerald dragon), Bone dragon (Ghost dragon, Spectral dragon), Shadow dragon (Red dragon, Black dragon), Faerie dragon, Rust dragon, Crystal dragon, Azure dragon|
|Dragon Saber||Huey, Siria||Wyvern||Human||Player Character|
|Kirby's Dream Land 2||Ice Dragon||Wingless, Bipedal||No||Boss||Breathes ice instead of fire.|
|American Dragon: Jake Long – Attack of the Dark Dragon||Jake Long||European||Human||Player Character|
|Star Wars: Bounty Hunter||Krayt Dragon||Wingless, Quadrupedal||No||Boss|
|Kingdom II: Shadoan||Unnamed||European||No||Boss||Will eat the main character if he doesn't solve a puzzle|
|Kirby's Return to Dream Land||Landia||Wyvern (4H)[c]||No||Boss||Each of Landia's four heads is able to split from the main body to form a smaller dragon.|
|Mortal Kombat||Liu Kang||Asian||Human||Playable Character||Fatality|
|Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap||Lizard Man||European||Human||Playable Character Transformation|
|Mega Man||Mecha Dragon||European||No||Boss|
|Sonic Heroes||Metal Overlord||Other||Robot||Final Boss|
|Sonic and the Black Knight||Mist, Earth Dragon||Various||No||Boss|
|Sorcer Striker||Miyamoto||European||No||Playable Character|
|The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard||Nafaalilargus||Wyvern||No||Jonathan Bryce||Boss||Calls himself "The Crown Jewel of the Empire"|
|Age of Mythology||Nidhogg||European||No||Unit|
|The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons||Aquamentus, Onox||European / Wyvern||No / Human||Boss / Final Boss||Dark Dragon as true form|
|Ōkami||Orochi, Yomigami||Asian (8H)[d] / Asian||No||Boss / Supporting Character|
|Panzer Dragoon (series)||Various||Various||No||Companion|
|War of the Monsters||Raptros||European||No||Playable Character|
|Kirby Super Star||Red Dragon/Great Dragon||European||No||Boss||Holographic dragon summoned by the Computer Virus boss|
|Metroid series||Ridley||Other||No||Final Boss||Reappears as Meta Ridley|
|Rock of Ages||Unnamed||European||No||Boss|
|Super Mario Odyssey||Ruined Dragon||European||No||Boss|
|Scooby-Doo! Unmasked||Unnamed||Asian||Mubber||Boss||Zen Tuo's dragon|
|The Lost Vikings 2||Scorch||European||No||Player character|
|Simon the Sorcerer||Unnamed||European||No||Supporting Character||Has a cold when first encountered|
|Dragon's Lair||Singe||European||No||Final Boss|
|Cave Story||Sky Dragons||European||No||Bosses|
|The Hobbit||Smaug||European||No||James Horan||Boss||Bilbo has to take a golden cup from him|
|Lego The Hobbit||Smaug||Wyvern||No||Boss|
|Ninja Gaiden||Smaugan||European||No||Boss||Other dragons appear|
|Diddy Kong Racing||Smokey||European||No||Rival|
|Donkey Kong Jungle Beat||Space Dragon||Serpentine||No||Obstacle|
|Spyro series||Spyro, Cynder||European||No /
Shadowy form, Explosive skull
|Carlos Alazraqui, Tom Kenny, Jess Harnell, Elijah Wood, Josh Keaton, Matthew Mercer, Justin Long /||Playable Character||Spyro's objectives vary depending on the series. However, as of The Legend of Spyro and Skylanders, he is a purple dragon capable of controlling all elements, but is classified as Magic element in Skylanders.
Cynder is a former servant of Malefor in both versions, but the result of her corruption results in different effects on her. In Legend of Spyro, she gains control over shadows, poison, fear, and wind, but in Skylanders, she becomes an Undead elemental, capable of using spectral lightning, summoning ghosts, and turning into a shadow form.
|Keio Flying Squadron||Spot||European||No||Companion|
|Summoners War: Sky Arena||Various||European||No||Companion|
|Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts||Unnamed||Asian (3H)[b]||No||Boss|
|Devil World||Tamagon||Other||No||Player character|
|Tomb Raider 2||Unnamed||Asian||Human||Boss|
|Total War: Warhammer||Various||European||No||Units|
|Homestar Runner||Trogdor||Other||No||Player character||The Burninator|
|True Crime: Streets of LA||Unnamed||Asian||No||Boss|
|Fur Fighters||Tweek, Gwyneth||European||No||Playable character|
|The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker||Valoo||European||No||Supporting Character|
|Hyrule Warriors||Volga||European||Human||Boss, Playable Character|
|The Adventure of Link||Volvagia||Asian||No||Boss|
|Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time||Volvagia||Asian||No||Boss||Subterranean Lava Dragon|
|Wildlife Park: Ultimate Edition||Unnamed||European||No||Player Character||Others|
|Threads of Fate||Wylaf||European||No||Supporting Character|
|Terraria||Wyvern||Asian||No||Enemy||Despite being called "wyverns" they resemble an Asian dragon|
|Hype: The Time Quest||Zatila, Voydh||European||No||Companion / Boss|
Dragons in games for mobile devices
|Clash of Clans||Strategy||Android, iOS||Dragons are Units|
|Clash Royale||Strategy||Android, iOS||Dragons are Collectible Cards|
|Dragon City||Social network game||Android, iOS, Facebook|
|Dragon Mania Legends||Casual||Android, iOS, Windows|
|Dragon Story||Life simulation||Android, iOS||Dragon Story is a game where the player breeds and discovers many dragon species on an island known as the Dragon Islands. The dragons must be fed with food from the farms. Dragon types include Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Pink, and Black.|
|Puzzle & Dragons||Puzzle||Android, iOS, Amazon Fire||The player collects dragons as a reward for completing the game's dungeons or spending in-game currency.|
|Raid: Shadow Legends||Strategy||Android, iOS PC||Wyvern bosses|
|Tap Zoo||Idle||Android, iOS|
|Zoo Craft: Animal Family||Simulation||Android, iOS|
|Zoo Story 2||Casual||Android, iOS|
Dragons in tabletop games
Dragons in tabletop role-playing games
- Dragons are common (especially as non-player characters) in Dungeons & Dragons and in some fantasy role-playing video games. They, like many other dragons in modern culture, run the full range of good, evil, and everything in between. In Dungeons and Dragons, the color of the dragon shows if it is evil or good. Metallic dragons are forces of good and they are led by the mighty dragon-god Bahamut. Chromatic dragons are evil creatures ranging from white (the weakest) to the mighty red (the strongest). The chromatic dragons revere Tiamat, a five-headed dragon-god with heads of each color of the evil dragon (red, blue, green, white, black).
- Various Great Feathered Serpent dragons, Great Eastern dragons, Great Western dragons, Great Sirrush dragons, and others in Shadowrun
- Various types of dragons found in the Rifts role-playing game.
- Various Great Western dragons and others in Earthdawn
Dragons in board games
- Red, green and white dragon tiles in Mahjong.
- Darkfyre in DragonStrike (board game)
- Dragon chess, a three-board chess variant designed by Gary Gygax, has a dragon piece.
- Big Snore, the sleepy purple title dragon from Don't Wake the Dragon!, a mid-1980s children's board game
- Carcassonne - The Princess & the Dragon, an expansion for Carcassonne (board game), centers around a dragon represented by a large wooden piece
- Mimring (the evil red dragon), Charos (the green dragon), Braxas (the black dragon queen), and Niflhelm (the white dragon king) are some of the most powerful characters in Heroscape.
Dragons in card games
Fantasy card games often feature dragons, often many of them, and thus this sub-section only mentions the more popular or important ones.
Magic: The Gathering
Dragon is a creature subtype in Magic: The Gathering.
- The Primeval Dragons in the Invasion block, namely Crosis, the Purger; Darigaaz, the Igniter; Dromar, the Banisher; Rith, the Awakener and Treva, the Renewer
- The Elder Dragon Legends from the Legends block, namely Arcades Sabboth, Chromium, Nicol Bolas, Palladia-Mors and Vaevictis Asmadi
- Draco, an extremely powerful artifact dragon, that has the highest mana cost in the game (16 colorless mana).
- Rorix Bladewing, a Shivan dragon who fights in the Otarian Grand Coliseum to reclaim his nation's honor: upon his death, Rorix is reincarnated as a "dracolich", under the name Bladewing the Risen.
- The Guardian Ryuu of Kamigawa, including Jugan, the Rising Star; Keiga, the Tide Star; Kokusho, the Evening Star; Ryusei, the Falling Star; and Yosei, the Morning Star.
- Niv-Mizzet, the insightful but short-tempered dragon wizard and leader of the Izzet guild in Ravnica.
- The Planar Chaos set introduces a new cycle of legendary Dragons bearing many similarities to the Invasion cycle - Oros, the Avenger; Intet, the Dreamer; Teneb, the Harvester; Numot, the Devastator; and Vorosh, the Hunter.
- The Future Sight set contains a legendary dragon called Tarox Bladewing in its "futureshifted" sheet. Tarox is apparently the son of the above-mentioned Rorix Bladewing, and according to his flavour text, "despises his siblings as insults to his line, finding and devouring each in turn". According to the magicthegathering.com article that previewed Tarox, he wants to be just like his father Rorix - although smaller than his father, Tarox's controller can discard another Tarox from their hand to double his size, making him a far heavier hitter than Rorix.
- There are also numerous other dragons, which have appeared in almost every set and every block. The most notable such dragon is Shivan Dragon, which has appeared in all but one of the Magic Core Sets.
World of Warcraft Trading Card Game
- World of Warcraft Trading Card Game features many dragons from Warcraft universe, including Onyxia, Deathwing, Alexstrasza and all the other Aspects.
Dragon is also a monster type in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game. Dragons in Yu-Gi-Oh! include:
- The Blue-Eyes White Dragon and its incarnations, including Paladin of White Dragon (A ritual monster and younger version of Blue Eyes), Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon (the fusion of three Blue-Eyes White Dragon), Dragon Master Knight (A fusion monster composed of Black Luster Soldier and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon) and Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon (A Toon version of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon).
- The Red-Eyes B. Dragon, and its incarnations, including Red-Eyes B. Chick, Paladin of Dark Dragon (A ritual monster and younger version of Red Eyes, but called Knight of Dark Dragons in the anime), Lord of the Red (A ritual monster and almost a human form of Red Eyes), Red-Eyes Wyvern, Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, and its many Fusion monsters.
- Baby Dragon which morphs into Thousand Dragon using Time Wizard. In the TCG/OCG, Thousand Dragon is a Fusion monster with Time Wizard and Baby Dragon and its materials.
- Curse of Dragon and its Fusion form Gaia the Dragon Champion (A fusion monster composed of Gaia the Fierce Knight and Curse of Dragon)
- Slifer the Sky Dragon (Sky Dragon of Osiris), the Egyptian god Osiris card avatar.
- The Winged Dragon of Ra
- The Eye of Timaeus, The Fang of Critius, and The Claw of Hermos, and their human knight counterparts; the Legendary Dragon Cards|Three Legendary Dragons
- Cyber Dragon variants, though actually classed as Machine type monsters, can easily be compared to the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
- Rainbow Dragon, the Crystal Lord, and Rainbow Dark Dragon
- Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
- White Night Dragon
- Five-Headed Dragon (originally known as F.G.D.)
- The Five Dragons linked to the Signers: Stardust Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend, Black Rose Dragon, Ancient Fairy Dragon, Black-Winged Dragon, and Life Stream Dragon. This also includes their "Buster/Assault Mode"(Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode and Red Dragon Archfiend / Assault Mode) "Majestic/Savior"(Majestic Star Dragon and Majestic Red Dragon) Cosmic Sychro Monster Forms(Shooting Star Dragon, Red Nova Dragon, and Cosmic Blazar Dragon, technically both Shooting Star Dragon and Cosmic Blazar Dragon are both Accel Synchro while Red Nova Dragon is Double Tuning) and Limit Over Accel Synchro(Shooting Quasar Dragon).
- Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste (A fusion monster composed of 1 Dragon-Type Synchro monster + 1 Warrior-Type monster)
- Hundred Eyes Dragon ( A dragon who serves the Earthbound Immortals)
- The Inca archetypes, Sun Dragon Inti and Moon Dragon Quilla
- Jormungardr The Nordic Serpent
- Several evolutionary dragons, such as Armed Dragons, Horus the Black Flame Dragon and some others.
- The Malefic Dragons the evil or the corrupted versions of the signature dragons throughout the Yu-Gi-Oh! series e.g. Malefic Stardust Dragon, Malefic Cyber End Dragon, Malefic Rainbow Dragon, Malefic Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon and most notably the Malefic Paradox Dragon and Malefic Truth Dragon.
- Flame Dragon, found only in the Kagero and Narukami clan this race is the typical fire breathing dragon archetype. Notable units include Dragonic Overlord, Dragonic Overlord the End, Dauntless Drive Dragon, Gattling Claw Dragon, and Vortex Dragon.
- Cosmo Dragon, a powerful race considered holy and usually associated with bringing judgment upon evil forces. Notable units include Soul Saver Dragon and Satellitefall Dragon.
- Abyss Dragon, the abyss dragons are known for their strength and willingness to sacrifice allied units to gain extra power. Notable units include: Phantom Blaster Dragon, Phantom Blaster Overlord, Spectral Duke Dragon, Revenger, Raging Form Dragon and Revenger, Dragruler Phantom
- Dino Dragon, unique to the Tachikaze clan. As their name would suggest, they appear more dinosaur-like than dragon-like. Notable units include Tyrant, Deathrex, Dragon Egg, and Sonic Noa.
- Winged Dragon, the typical flying dragon. Many of these units are mechanized. Notable units include Wyvern Strike, Tejas, Wyvern Strike, Jarran and Hex Cannon Wyvern.
- Dragonman, are units that share the features of both man and dragon. Notable units include Lizard Runner, Undeux, Wyvern Guard, Barri, and Demonic Dragon Berserker, Yaksha.
- Thunder Dragon, found only in the Narukami clan this race are dragons that are attacking with lightning or thunder base. Notable units include Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion, Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion "THE BLOOD", Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon and Eradicator, Dragonic Descendant.
- Cyber Dragon, found only in the Link Joker clan this race are mechanical looking dragons and capable of locking your opponents rear-guards. Notable units include: Star-vader, Mobius Breath Dragon, Gravity Ball Dragon, Gravity Collapse Dragon, Schwarzschild Dragon, Star-vader, Infinite Zero Dragon, Star-vader, Nebula Lord Dragon and Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Dragon.
- Tear Dragon, found in the clans of Kagero and but mostly Aqua Force these dragons are water-based attackers and can attack up to 3-5 times in 1 turn. Notable units include Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom, Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom, Blue Flight Dragon, Trans-core Dragon, Last Card, Revonn, Blue Wave Dragon, Tetra-drive Dragon.
- Zeroth Dragons is a race featured on one card of each nation, The Zeroth Dragons are weapons of mass destruction born from the Dragon Deity of Destruction, Gyze. The apostles of Gyze plan to use these dragons to revive him. These dragons can be played to any clan that represents their nation and also if this Grade 4 units failed to attack your opponent's Vanguard you cannot use your G-Zone cards anymore during the Cardfight This units are United Sanctuary's Zeroth Dragon of Zenith Peak, Ultima, Dragon Empire's Zeroth Dragon of Inferno, Drachma, Star Gate's Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark, Dark Zone's Zeroth Dragon of End of the World, Dust, Magallanica's Zeroth Dragon of Distant Sea, Megiddo and Zoo's Zeroth Dragon of Death Garden, Zoa.
Duel Masters Trading Card Game
- There are many cards focusing on dragons in Duel Masters such as the ones included in the Epic Dragons of Hyper Chaos set.
- List of dragons in film and television
- List of dragons in literature
- List of dragons in popular culture
- List of dragons in mythology and folklore
- Two-headed dragon
- Three-headed dragon
- Four-headed dragon
- Many-headed dragon
- Game Informer provides information on who the character is, why the character is important, and what is next for the character in "Faces of Warcraft: The Essential Introduction to Characters," Game Informer 183 (July 2008): 101.
- Toyias, Andrea (2017-11-27). "So glad you love her! It is the amazing, beautiful and talented Wendee Lee! She almost killed herself with that voice and so many lines....but she made it through. And it is glorious! xx". @AndreaToyias. Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "Bio". Karen Strassman. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- "League of Legends". euw.leagueoflegends.com. Retrieved 2019-10-24.
- Peeples, Jeremy (26 November 2013). "Review: Dragon City". HDragon City. Social Point. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Orry, Tom (May 7, 2020). "Breath of the Wild: How to Find Naydra, Dinraal and Farosh Dragons". US Gamer. Retrieved October 18, 2020.