This is a list of Christian religious houses in France, both extant and non-extant, and for either men or women (or both).
Christian religious houses arranged by order
- Chancelade Abbey, Chancelade, Dordogne
- Fontenelles Abbey, Saint-André-d'Ornay, Vendée 
- Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Mary and Jesus of the Perpetual Adoration (Congrégation des Sacrés Coeurs de Marie et de Jésus de l'Adoration Perpétuelle), Rue de Picpus, Paris, canonesses; formerly the Priory of the Canonesses of St. Augustine of the Victory of Lepanto. During the French Revolution the canonesses were expelled, and a certain Coignard took over the buildings as a nursing home for sick prisoners of the Terror: the Maison de Santé de Coignard. The gardens were used for the disposal of the bodies of the victims of the guillotine. After the revolution a community of canonesses was re-installed here, as a memorial to the many dead.
- Abbey of St. Genevieve, Paris
- Abbey of St. Victor, Paris
- Sablonceaux Abbey, Sablonceaux, Charente-Maritime
- Abbey of St. Jean des Vignes, Soissons
- Abbey of St. Loup, Troyes
- Convent of Sainte Marie de la Tourette (Couvent Sainte-Marie de La Tourette), friars (Éveux, Rhône)
- Capuchin Friary, Crest (Monastère des Capucins de Crest) Capuchin friars, (Crest, Drôme)
- Convent of Poor Clares, Gravelines
- "Les Amis de l'Abbaye de Chancelade".
- Yves Blomme, L'abbaye Notre-Dame des Fontenelles, pp153-159, in Congrès archéologique de France - 151e session - Vendée - 1993, Société française d'archéologie, Paris, 1996
- "Le Cimetière Révolutionnaire de Picpus". The Pieton De Paris (in French). October 26, 2007.
- "Abbey of Sainte-Geneviève". New Advent.
- Coulter, Dale. "Abbey of St. Victor". faculty.leeu.edu/. Archived from the original on October 12, 2008.
- "Abbey of Saint-Victor". New Advent.
- "Abbey de Sablonceaux". abbaye-sablonceaux.com. Archived from the original on December 18, 2014.
- "L'ancienne abbaye Saint-Jean des Vignes". Ville de Soissons (in French). Archived from the original on May 22, 2010.
- "Saint-Loup Museum". City of Troyes (in French). Archived from the original on October 30, 2007.
- Les Grands Carmes de Paris in Abbayes, monastères et couvents de Paris, Paul and Marie-Louise Biver
- Website of the Convent of La Tourette
- "The Capuchins: History and Current Community". dioiscrestois.cef.fr (in French).
- Register of the Poor Clares at Gravelines (pdf)