|The Walt Disney Company|
|Assumed office |
June 30, 2015
|Preceded by||Jay Rasulo|
|CFO and executive vice president|
Before joining Disney, McCarthy worked in the banking industry. From 1981 to 1996, McCarthy worked at First Interstate Bancorp in several finance and planning positions. She served as CFO and an executive vice president for Imperial Bancorp from 1997 to 2000. In 2000, she became treasurer of Disney. On June 30, 2015, McCarthy was appointed as the CFO of The Walt Disney Company replacing Jay Rasulo under a four-year contract with a base salary of $1.25 million with a potential 200% performance based bonuses and 250% long term incentive award.
In 2015, McCarthy received the Woman of the Year Award from Treasury Today.
| Treasurer of Disney Co.
Jonathan S. Headley
| CFO of Disney Co.
- Tharakan, Anya George. "Disney names treasurer Christine McCarthy as CFO". Reuters. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Miller, Daniel (30 June 2015). "Walt Disney Co. taps Christine McCarthy as new chief financial officer". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Palmeri, Chris (30 June 2015). "Disney Promotes Christine McCarthy as First Female CFO". Bloomberg. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Lieberman, David (30 June 2015). "Disney Taps Christine McCarthy To Be CFO, And Kevin Mayer As Chief Strategy Officer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Rainey, James (30 June 2015). "Christine McCarthy Named New Disney Chief Financial Officer". Variety. Retrieved 2 July 2015.