|Born||June 24, 1974|
|Television||Big Brother 5 (7th place)|
|Born||June 24, 1974|
|Television||Big Brother 5 (8th place)|
Adria Montgomery-Klein and Natalie Montgomery-Carroll (born June 24, 1974) are twin sisters who are fitness competitors, fitness trainers, professional models, and reality TV contestants. They gained widespread national exposure on Big Brother 5, a reality TV show in the United States which aired on CBS in 2004.
The twins attended Midfield High School, where they played softball. After graduating high school in 1992, they attended Troy State University in Troy, Alabama, where they each received Bachelor of Science degrees in computer science and minors in business and American Sign Language. They continued playing softball during college. After graduating, they both went to work at Electronic Data Systems. While still working for EDS, they began participating in fitness competitions.
The twins' first significant success as competitors was in 1998, when Natalie placed first and Adria placed second in the Ms. Fitness Kentucky event. They quit EDS to focus entirely on fitness training in 2000.
Fitness competition and training
Starting in 2000, the twins signed up with HealthSouth Corporation, to go on a Roadshow Nationwide Tour called Go For It!, teaching fitness and nutrition to people, particularly middle school students. Along with this was a TV show for students called Go For It! TV, which they appeared on as competition coaches. After doing Go For It! for three years (the TV show for two), they continued with fitness competitions.
The twins have since opened the Fitness Twins Elite Training Studio.
Big Brother 5
In 2004, the twins appeared on the Big Brother 5 reality TV show as a single person named "Adria Okins". In the show, a group of contestants compete against one another to remain in the house as long as possible, as one person is evicted through a vote each week by fellow contestants. The fact that "Adria Okins" was really two different people was kept secret from fellow contestants for five weeks. This was done as part of the season's theme of "Do Not Assume (DNA)". Once the secret was revealed, they competed openly as two separate people. However, the negative feelings towards being deceived, in addition to the two being perceived as an aligned unit rather than two separate players, helped cause the two to be evicted soon afterwards, with Natalie being the first twin removed, and Adria next. Six other contestants remained after their evictions.
The twins have appeared in the following publications:
- Muscle & Fitness (April 2003) – Featured in article "Muscle Twins"
- Physical (February 2003) – Appear on cover and article "Training by the Fitness Twins"
- Muscle & Fitness Hers (December 2002) – Featured in article
- Physical (February 2003)
- Oxygen (August 2002) – Featured in article "Snap Shot of the Fitness Twins"
- Physical (July 2002) – Article featured Adria
- Oxygen (June 2002) – Featured in article "Double Take"
- Physical (June 2002) – Mentioned in coverage of the Arnold Classic
- Iron Man March and June 2002 – Featured in article
- Ms. Fitness (Spring 2002) – Cover and featured in article
- Physical (April 2002)
- Ms. Fitness (Winter 2001) – Cover and featured in article
- Physical (September 2001) – Cover and featured in story
- BuckMasters (July 2001) – Featured in article
Fitness competition results
- National Physique Committee (NPC) World Championships 2002 – Brno, Czech Republic October 2002 (6th place Fitness Tall Class)
- NPC Team Universe Overall and Tall Class Champion 2002
- NPC USA Fitness Championships 2002 – 2nd place in Tall Division
- IFBB Pro Qualifier
- NPC Fitness Nationals 2001 – 6th place
- NPC Carol Semple Fitness Classic 2001- 2nd place
- Ms. Fitness World 2001 Champion
- Ms. Fitness USA 2001 Champion
- Ms. Fitness World 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness USA 2000 – 3rd runner up
- Ms. Fitness Hollywood Champion 2001
- Ms. National Fitness Model 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness Kentucky 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness Indiana 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness USA 2000 – placed 16th
- Ms. Fitness Universe 2000 – placed 6th
- Ms. Fitness Kentucky 1999 – 1st runner up
- International Federation of BodyBuilders (IFBB) GNC Show of Strength Invitational Pro Fitness – November 8, 2002 – 11th overall
- IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Fitness Classic 2002 – 15th overall
- IFBB Jan Tana Classic 2002 – 12th overall of 22 contestants
- NPC Fitness Nationals 2001 – 2nd place and IFBB Pro Qualifier
- NPC Carol Semple Fitness Classic 2001 – 1st place
- Ms. Fitness World 2001 – 1st
- Ms. Fitness USA 2001 – 1st
- Ms. Fitness USA 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness World 2000 – 2nd runner up
- Ms. Fitness Hollywood 2001 – 1st runner up
- Ms. National Fitness 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness Mexico Invitational 2000 Champion
- Ms. Fitness USA 2000, 11th
- Ms. Fitness Universe 2000, 3rd runner up
- Ms. Fitness Kentucky 1999, Champion
- "Adria Montgomery-Klein". Internet Movie Database. Archived from the original on 2010-04-04. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- "The Fitness Twins Biography". FitnessTwins.com. Archived from the original on 2006-06-15. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- Oldenburg, Ann (2004-08-04). "'Big Brother' bombshell: The twin-sister switcheroo". USA Today. Gannett Co. Inc. Archived from the original on 2006-08-14. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- John, Powell (2004-08-27). "Week Six: 'Big Brother 5' twin turfed". CANOE JAM! Television. Quebecor Media Inc. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2006-06-25.
- "MISS DECEMBER 2003 Fitness Twins Adria Okins Montgomery Big Brother 5 Nathalie". Citynet Magazine. Archived from the original on 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2006-06-25.