Parts of this article (those related to programming) need to be updated.(January 2016)
|Frequency||98.5 MHz FM|
|Owner||Multicultural Community Radio Association Ltd|
First air date
Call sign meaning
|2 = New South Wales|
with OOO to look like the number 2000
2000FM (call sign 2OOO) is a multilingual community radio station broadcasting to Sydney in languages other than English from studios in the suburb of Burwood. It is a volunteer run organisation and is funded through listener support, grants and limited commercial sponsorship.
The mission of 2000FM is to provide a service through dedication to enrich the cohesion of our cultural diversity via tolerance, understanding and respect for each other.
2000FM was established in 1992. It was granted a licence by the Australian Communications and Media Authority and commenced broadcasting in 1994.
As of 2008, the station broadcasts in the following languages:
2000FM also features other community access broadcasts including specific youth programs in some of the languages above, a weekly fashion and design show and Feathered Friends a program for bird fanciers.
HRR 98.5FM is a hard rock/heavy metal program on radio broadcasting from the studio of 2000FM. It first aired on 13 April 2008.
- Louis White (2 November 2007). "The Power of Old Media". B&T. Retrieved 31 July 2008.[dead link]
- "The phenomenon known as 2000FM". 2000FM. 2008. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- Tonci Prusac (21 September 2006). "CRO2000 14 years and still going strong". Croatian Herald. Archived from the original on 10 November 2007. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- "2000FM Program Guide". 2000FM. 2008. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- "Assyrian program transcript" (PDF). ACL. 7 April 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2008. Retrieved 31 July 2008.